There are times when it seems that we walk alone, and that no one could possibly understand the pain, shame or condition of our situation. Situations that perhaps make us feel like we were the ones who caused an unpleasant and unwelcoming touch to our bodies. Forced participation, rape – whatever we call it…It’s a violation!!
There are countless individuals who share the same story, different names and different faces.
Many of us have taken our stories a little further by seeking help. Be empowered and call a crisis center if you or someone that you know is being sexually abused. Report the crime to legal officials, seek counsel – make sure that the perpetrator is prosecuted by law in hopes of preventing another violation.
No one has to suffer in silence or alone.~Storm
- 44% of victims are under age 18
- 80% are under age 30
Sexual Assault Numbers
- Every 2 minutes, another American is sexually assaulted
- There is an average of 237,868 victims (age 12 or older) of sexual assault each year
Reporting to Police
- 60% of sexual assaults are not reported to the police
- 97% of rapists will never spend a day in jail
- Approximately 2/3 of assaults are committed by someone known to the victim
- 38% of rapists are a friend or acquaintance