Forced sexual participation is rape-a violation!! It’s a predatory attack!
Whether the attack was carried out by a family member or stranger, it alters our sense of self. Carrying the burden of guilt and shame for some else’s senseless behavior need not be a reality.
There are countless individuals who share the same story, different names and faces. Many of us have taken our stories a little further by sharing, overcoming the victim mode and seeking help.
Those who cause unpleasant and unwelcoming touches to our bodies are perpetrators, it behooves us to see them for what they are.
Be empowered, call a crisis center if you or someone you know is being sexually abused. Report the crime to someone who will take legal action! Make sure that the perpetrator is prosecuted by law in hopes of preventing another violation.
Live wise, live well…live whole. ~Stormie Steele
- 44% of victims are under age 18
- 80% are under age 30
Sexual Assault Numbers
- Every 2 minutes, another American is sexually assaulted
- There is an average of 237,868 victims (age 12 or older) of sexual assault each year
Reporting to Police
- 60% of sexual assaults are not reported to the police
- 97% of rapists will never spend a day in jail
- Approximately 2/3 of assaults are committed by someone known to the victim
- 38% of rapists are a friend or acquaintance
RAINN’s Top Picks
Get Help Seek help via the National Sexual Assault Hotlines.
Get Information Learn more about sexual assault.
Donate Now Make an online donation to RAINN.
Sexual Assault Hotline | 1.800.656.HOPE(4673) | Free. Confidential. 24/7.